Installatron takes the guess-work out of WordPress installations for 1st-time users, designers and developers alike!
To get going online, we recommend the WordPress CMS (Content Management System) - it powers 40% of the internet.
Here's how to get WordPress installed and ready to go using Installatron:
- Login to cPanel, then search for Installatron
- Click through to Installatron, and open the Applications Browser tab
- Scroll down and click on the WordPress logo/name which should be bright as a "featured app"
- Towards the top-right, click the button "Install this application" which will open up a web-form for you to complete:
- Domain: Change to the HTTPS version of your domain name, to make sure search engines don't penalise you for being non-HTTPS!
- Version: Leave at the pre-selected latest version, that should have "Recommended" after it
- Automatic update: Update to any new version
- WordPress Plugin Automatic Update: Update WordPress plugins as new versions become available
- WordPress Theme Automatic Update: Update WordPress themes as new versions become available
- Automatic Update Backup: Do not create a backup (LEOPARD.host manages these separately)
- Choose a username and password that you'll later use at yourdomain.com/wp-admin to sign-in
- Enter your email address - This should be one that's hosted separately in case of problems
- Finalise the remaining configuration as follows:
- Two-Factor Authentication: Do not enable
- Limit Login Attempts: No, do not limit failed login attempts
- Enable Multi-site: No, do not enable. Multi-site can be enabled later within WP.
- Advanced Setting Management: Automatically manage advanced settings for me.
Click "Install" and let Installatron do the rest for you!
Once complete, it'll provide a link to log-in for the first time.
From there, in the background it'll keep everything up-to-date for you.
Problems? Let our crew know!