Using SHOUTcast v2, you can reach our servers on your unique port with a username & password.
There are a handful of factors to consider when you're trouble-shooting a relay to us not connecting or working.
Your essential SHOUTcast account (Centova Cast) details include:
- Server hostname: ie. syd-radio#.shoutcast.net.au
- SHOUTcast username: Check your welcome email
- SHOUTcast password: Check your welcome email
- Unique relaying port: (Within 8000-9000 usually)
- Check my.LEOPARD if you're unsure of it
- Transport protocol: SHOUTcast v2 relay to us
From there, you've got a handful of encoding and physical audio factors to consider:
- Bitrate at each end: Which quality are you relaying? What does your plan with us include?
- If those 2 bitrates don't match, our systems will drop your stream until they do
- Have you checked the physical audio: This only applies in studios, etc, please verify the feed!
- Should a problem have arisen with a hard connection on-site, we can't help you fix it
- What is the rejection/error/drop telling you: Please consult your streamer/encoder logs
- You can share this information with our SHOUTcast Support team for more help
- Do you need to adjust the mountpoint: Our systems tend to use /stream (default)
- Unless you've amended this everywhere, it should be the case for you too